Friday, September 18, 2009

THOUGHT STREAMS ABOUT CAMINO LIFE


An 800km walkinging pilgrimage simplifies daily living.
It simply comes down to a few simple statements and questions on daily survival.
*** "All that I have is packed in my back. How do I make it b........LIGHTER??????"
*** "Today I've been walking for 6 hours( estoy consado). Where's the next refugio and will there be a bed and shower vacant?"
*** " I haven't had breakfast or lunch. Where's the next cafe?"
That does sound a bit of a human body needs... I know the spirit will be fed by the journey( mm that's sound a bit like a platitude ,sorry )
Anyway,these are some of the questions we have been asking ourselves about the camino for quite a few months.
Oh yes!!! We have got our packs down to 7kg ( Betty) and 10kg ( Jim) after a lot of effort and I hope we can resist putting in extras this week end. OK, so I did add a dime novel to read but I did cut my toothbrush in half!!!!! (LOL). Yes indeed you can see by this talk ,what you can be reduced to saying and doing.
However, if we knew all the answers it wouldn't really be an adventure because that is at the element of moving out of a comfort zone. I guess because it's a holiday ,I don't really want to move too far out ...actually.
Anyway I'm writing this in school time when everyone else is busy marking so I am going to do some school finalising.
One thing that will be a bit special for me today is touching the crest on the St James gates before I leave school . I don't have a lot of devotional practices but call it, whatever it is ,the touching of the St James Crest does have a special meaning for me and I feel it carries the heart and people of this community. ...Works for me
Excuse the muted excitement and random thoughts of this blog. Hopefully will have something a bit more interesting along the road

No comments:

Post a Comment