Wednesday, November 18, 2009

ADIOS CAMINO

I had thought to add to this blog ,many reflections in the post camino days . Like many pilgrims,I have spent much time thinking of the many images and experiences of this journey........
There is a great reflection on http://www.caminodesantiago.me/board/el-camino-frances/ on the discussion forum entitled " DID IT!!!!" ( November 2009) It really sums up superbly many camino thoughts by a pilgrim who finished at the same time as us.

However,It is time to move on now from my camino stjames2stjames.... although I will contunue to enjoy the pilgrim blogs and discussion groups.

I have a general blog on http://www.traveloglife.blogspot.com/ which wanders many paths and I am happy for you to join me at any time.

Moving on post Camino ????.....looking at the long Distance, South West Coast Path in Devon and Cornwall.
Something to look forward to..........
BUEN CAMINO
HAPPY TRAILS

3 comments:

  1. How about the Wainwright's Coas to Coast? From the Irish Sea to the North Sea through three national parks! Wonderful walk!
    How about the Via Francigena (road to Rome?) You could start at Canterbury or somewhere in France, or like me, in Switzerland.
    How about the Shikoku 88 temple pilgrimage in Japan................ too many walks, not enought time!
    Happy walking wherever you go next.
    Sil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sil

    We walked the Cumbria way through the heart of the Lakes District after considering the C2C. We could go on that one.... I have really looked at the Roman Pilgrimmage in the lasy weeks on our return but my wife wants something different... Think I will brush up on my italian for later..... Will have a look at the temples..we have lived in China and so we are looking for things new.....will keep reading discussion forums,, pity i must move on from this blog as the Camino is very special for many people and quite insporational
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated congratulations on your achievement, Jim!
    Yes, so many walks, and not enough time, as Sil said. (Will probably be walking the Cornish/Devon coastal path myself next year.)

    ReplyDelete